Water heater repairby Eli Nash on 12/02/14
Water heaters are a tricky business. Water heater tech's do not always require the same technical training or licensing as plumbers and other contractors. It is also sometimes difficult to distinguish between a company simply on the hunt to sell water heaters instead of repair them. It is important to carefully select a water heater repair service for your home needs. Here are five things to consider before you hire a water heater repair service:
- Avoid Door-to-Door Representatives – You get a knock at the door, and someone wearing a uniform tells you they need to check your water heater. If you let them, they will likely tell you the water heater is old and inefficient and should be replaced, even if that’s not true. You should not invite door-to-door salesmen into your home; there are much better ways to find a reliable water heater repair company.
- Reputation – The internet allows you to easily find out which water heater repair companies have the best reputations. By checking water heater repair services out online, you are able to access customer reviews and ratings. It is advisable to check with the Better Business Bureau for complaints, as well.
- Certification – While they do not require the same amount of technical training as other contractors, water heater repair service technicians still require certification. It is important to check their certification before allowing them to repair or replace your water heater.
- Experience – Experience is extremely important when it comes to water heater repair. Generally, the more experienced the technician, the higher the quality of the work.
- Price – At the end of the day, price is always a deciding factor. However, it shouldn’t be the only factor—you should be very wary of a company that gives you an estimate that seems too good to be true. You will probably end up paying more in the long run to fix their poor-quality work or to repair or replace the water heater again just a few short months or years later.
By following these simple steps, you will be able to distinguish which water heater repair service is the most reliable, the most experienced, and executes quality work.
If you are in need of a water heater repair, don't delay, call Hydro Pro today at 541-504-3135